Apart from your lifestyle, DNA also plays a part in influencing your vitamin and mineral requirements, via alteration of absorption, transportation and metabolism. People with certain genetic variants are at greater risk of vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
- A personalized Vitamin Report based on your genes
- How likely you are to have lower or higher levels of certain vitamins and minerals
- What actions you can take to make sure you meet optimal vitamin and mineral requirements
- The expected impact of your lifestyle that can affect your vitamin and mineral levels
- General information about vitamins and minerals
- The detrimental effects of vitamin deficiencies or toxicities
The Vitamin DNA Test indicates whether you have certain specific DNA that puts you at higher risk of developing vitamin deficiencies. A blood test will still be needed in order to determine actual vitamin levels.
It is not intended to replace a blood test, but to provide you with personalized guidance to help you gain a greater understanding of your specific needs.