The Fecal Immunochemical Test, or FIT, is a quick but reliable test for quantitatively finding human hemoglobin in stools. It searches for possible signs of colorectal cancer, which aids in determining whether you have any polyps (precancerous growths) in your colon.
No special diet or drug prepping is necessary for FIT. It exclusively searches for a certain blood type associated with signs of colon cancer. Other types of blood in your digestive tract from your diet (red meat) would not yield a positive FIT.
Include step-by-step instructions on how to complete the test. Please refer to these instructions when completing your test.
The Colon Cancer Screening test kit from WELALA is a quick, simple, at-home procedure, allowing you to stay on top of your health today!
- Easy, at home self-sampling test kit
- No dietary or medication restrictions before taking the test
- Laboratory-based quantitative result
- Results are available for instant download and sharing with your doctor
- If you receive a positive result, you have the option of working with a physician from the Welala network